While I was doing a job and even after I had left, I have had conversations with a lot many who have been wanting to start something of their own. Even I have had a similar feeling while I was in the job. I used to think that it is better to work for your own self rather than someone else. Being your own boss is such a cool thing to do.
But over the years, I have realized, whether you work for your own venture or work for someone else, it is not easy. Both has its own pros and cons. And being an entrepreneur requires mental toughness and perseverance. It is much more demanding than being in the job. One thing which I miss is not getting a paycheck at the beginning of every month. Sigh 🙁
I have learned a lot since the time I decided to chalk out my own path, some of which I am listing down below.
- Entrepreneurship has made me more focused towards work. I know that if I don’t do it, it won’t get done.
- I don’t have the luxury of having morning blues any more.
- I always have a long list of things to do and my work never gets over. This always keeps me on my toes.
- I have worn different hats from being a peon to a receptionist to the finance and marketing person and the customer service representative and last but not the least, the Chief Operating officer of the company.
- I can’t take a work-free vacation anymore. I have to be connected and carry my laptop wherever I go.
- For every success or failure I am responsible.
- Perseverance and Patience. If things are not going the way I want it to, keep at it, give your 100% and it shall happen.
- Self-motivation and self-discipline is the key. Keep a check on yourself. Always
- Making mistakes equals learning and sometimes it is a huge learning.
- Follow your passion, dream big and dream really big. Only then you can reach your goal.
There are a lot more. You can leave a comment below and may be we can take this discussion offline.
Entrepreneurship has been an extremely enriching experience and I couldn’t have had a better job than this and I have loved every moment of it so far 🙂 Cheers!!!